Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 27 September 2019

Dissident


GLOK's debut album Dissident comes out today, Andy Bell's seven track cosmic departure, its grooves and bytes full of vibrant kosmiche synths, ambient sounds, motorik drums and stellar guitar parts. The album was sent out digitally when I first ordered it and it sounded great in early summer. I'm looking forward to diving back in with the physical release- it's well timed too as it chimes well with a lot of what is sitting near my stereo at the moment. Some time ago an edit of the twenty minute title track was sent out to those who'd bought the vinyl/cassette version, an edit by sound engineer Leaf Troup, seven minutes thirty- nine seconds that sounds like outer space exploration with warm pulses and dancing synthlines.

4 comments:

C said...

Very lovely. Tunnels... cuttings... fields...

Swiss Adam said...

Musical word association. Could be a good idea for some posts. Just a song and some words. Hmmm.

The Swede said...

Hypnotic, especially when watching in sync with the Picasso gif.

Echorich said...

Definitely one of the musical moments of 2019 for me! I adore what this album does for me and the Leaf Edit is like a capsule version I can drop any time I want!.