Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 4 July 2021

Basic Stuff

More dub techno, this time of the 1990s variety and courtesy of the masters of the form Basic Channel. The Berlin duo were legendarily obsessive about production, mastering and sound quality and equally committed to minimalism in terms of sound and design. This one is from a  12" released in 1993 titled Q1.1, four tracks labelled Q1.1/I to IIII. This is the third, deep and sleek and cutting straight to the heart of things. 

Q1.1/III is here.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link doesn't seem to work ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp7juG5OqQ

Swiss Adam said...

Thanks, fixed now.

The Swede said...

I compiled several CDRs of downloaded minimal techno which I played endlessly in the car in 2007/8/9. I wonder if I still have those discs anywhere in this house? This tune has got me in the mood for more. (Still couldn't get the file to play by the way, so I followed the YouTube link).

Swiss Adam said...

Should be definitely, absolutely fixed now.

Winstoninparis said...

I recommend this classic mix of Basic Channel gems by D&M engineer, DJ Pete

https://www.mixcloud.com/residentadvisor/ra147/