Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 25 March 2010

Patrick Cowley and Jorge Socarras 'I Never Want To Fall In Love'


Disco-meister Patrick Cowley probably isn't going to pop up here too often but here's a strange/good song that I found yesterday. I've no idea where I got it from. Patrick Cowley's best known for his epic remix of I Feel Love and the hi-nrg of Sylvester's (You Make Me Feel) Mighty Real. He had a less well known late 70s 'new wave' project with vocalist Jorge Socarras, and an album Catholic, re-released last year, that this came from. This song is an attempt to weld electro-pop/disco-but-not-too-disco production to Ramones style song-writing, with a Socarras vocal about wanting a boyfriend but not wanting to fall in love. Which seems pretty New York in the 1970s gay disco/new wave/post-punk to me. An oddity but one worth hearing.

I Never Want To Fall In Love.mp3

No comments: