Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 6 March 2010

RVNG of the NRDS Pilooski 'AAA'


A bit of recycling here- I got this track from North Country Bhoy a few weeks ago, and I hope he doesn't mind me reposting it. It's one of the best things I've heard for ages, and my 12" vinyl copy from ebay turned up yesterday, and it sounds even better than the mp3 I've been playing on a loop for the last 2 weeks.

RVNG of the NRDs is a series of re-edits and remixes by folk like Tim Sweeney, Optimo, Lovefingers and Greg Wilson, and in this one, the last in series, French Discodeine hero Pilooski, my second favourite Frenchman *. Pilooski's done some fantastic re-edits in the last few years, but this is something else. He takes reggae singer Nora Dean's Angie La-La and monkeys about with it sending it towards the ten minute mark. We start in a tropical jungle, parrots screeching, birds taking flight, then Pilooski adds a big kick drum, the funky looped guitar riff or two, and then the amazing eerie vocal 'Where have you been all my life boy?'. A breakdown, extra drums, riff comes back, more and more, onwards and upwards. Perfection. Transporting. I like this a lot. Get it now people.

* Eric Cantona is my favourite Frenchman, obviously. For a year or so I'm guessing he was North Country Bhoy's as well. Heh heh.

a1-pilooski-aaa.mp3

4 comments:

Northern Soul said...

So not content with nicking our players, you're now even nicking my tunes...Typical manc :-)

swiss adam said...

Ha, yeah sorry about that. Had to post it though. It's top.

drew said...

Pilooski is the man at the moment. My copy never, ever arrived from RVNG so I had to order another from Fat City last week and it certainly sounds fatter on the deck, as does his mix of Crawfish which totally loses it's impact when heard as an mp3

Swiss Adam said...

His stuff is superb. I've not been as impressed with Crawfish, but I've only got it as an mp3. long live vinyl.