Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 3 May 2013

The Return Of Friday Night Is Rockabilly Night 103



This 1958 rockabilly song by The Moonlighters is a real crying-into-your-beer tearjerker and none the worse for it.

Broken Heart

On the subject of moonlighting Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs department are under the impression that as well as working full time as a teacher I also spent the last tax year employed by Clear Cleaning Ltd. As a result they claim I owe them around £2500 on the £10, 000 plus they think I was paid. Obviously I do not and have not worked as a cleaner- I hate cleaning- and can't see how they think I'd fit it in. Googling Clear Cleaning Ltd shows a firm wound up by the High Court in Birmingham last year and another of the same name in London. One of which they say I worked for while I living in Manchester and working thirty miles north of here. Words fail me.

I have appealed in writing. Have a good bank holiday weekend.

6 comments:

davyh said...

Yeah, thanks for all that work you done for us back then 'Adam' the premises never looked better - 'Dave'.

davyh said...

PS: Terrific song, would love to hear Hawley do that, slow.

Swiss Adam said...

Arf.

dickvandyke said...

HMRC have sent me 28 separate PAYE notices in brown envelopes in the past 2 months. All randomly dated and many superceding each other.
They are now bursting a bulldog clip above my monitor.

And they're taking you to the fuckin cleaners SA.

Dirk said...

btw: our windows could need a proper cleaning, so does my car .... SA?

Swiss Adam said...

Cleaning jokes getting funnier and funnier.