Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 11 May 2013

This Is About The Rest Of Us, The Ones You Left Behind


'When you come to me in the dead of night and I convince myself it'll be alright'

The closing song off Steve Mason's latest lp is a thing of beauty, the singing and playing are superb, and if it catches you at the wrong moment will put a lump in your throat and make your eyes well up. One very good reason to get yourself down a record shop and buy the album.

'And when you hold me close as the night unfolds and I convince myself that I will grow old '

Come To Me

3 comments:

Walter said...

This is one song that is perfect and combines lyrics, playing and singing on a high level. And right: Steve Mason's latest record is one of the best so far.

dickvandyke said...

I don't know this chap, Ads. Did he play drums with Pink Floyd or summat?

That is some song. Thank you so much for posting it.

Swiss Adam said...

He was in the Beta Band Dickie. And it is some song isn't it.