Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 1 September 2016

All Hands On Deck At Dawn


Well, that's that then. It's September, summer is over, the school year starts again for me today. Back to it. On the plus side my brother got me a ticket to see Echo And The Bunnymen at The Ritz tonight (yes, it's a school night but there you go, life is short, carpe diem etc).

Mac the Mouth said that Ocean Rain was the greatest album ever made. I don't think that's true but there are times when I think it's the greatest Bunnymen album. This different version of the title track, which I have posted before I'm sure, lacks the strings of the final version but is just as good in its own way.

Ocean Rain (Alternative Version)

5 comments:

The Swede said...

I missed out on Mac's one man show when it came to town at the beginning of the year. Still kicking myself for that one.

Charity Chic said...

Mind and do your homework before you go

Echorich said...

Off to NYC on 9/11 to see The Bunnymen at Irving Plaza (their NYC home base over the years) on 9/12. I will go as far as to agree with Mac - Greatest Album Of All Time by my favorite band of all time!!! In fact I was listening to it last night to help psyche myself up for their upcoming show. In college I wrote a critical review of Ocean Rain for a Music Criticism course I took. I believe my professor was admired my whole hearted attempt to make the subjective, objective...As it should be...

Brian said...

Like Echorich, I will being seeing the Bunnymen (but on the other coast) soon. This tune certainly has me excited for the show. Nice choice, Adam. Hope you have a great school year. Today is the day we find out who the teachers will be for our kids. Some long faces, to say the least. It all gets going next week.

Swiss Adam said...

Echorich, Brian- You're both going to enjoy yourselves at the Bunnymen in the States.