Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 30 April 2017

Greater Reward


Talking Heads yesterday, Severed Heads today. Severed Heads are/were an Australian electronic/post punk outfit formed in 1979 and operating on and off with a revolving door of personnel from then until now. In 1989 their Greater Reward single was remixed in a variety of versions and mixes and the following year The Grid turned in this rather nice and very 1990 version, house piano to the fore at first, then beats and bass and handclaps before the pianos return.

Greater Reward (The Grid Remix)

6 comments:

Michael Doherty said...

I can't help but hum the Inspiral's Two Worlds Collide while I listen to it. Great remix.

Michael Doherty said...

Particularly this M People remixed version. Also very 90s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKOqVacHAUk

Anonymous said...

Never heard this before. Thanks a lot. I loved Grid remixes.

Swiss Adam said...

Funny- I often prefer Grid remixes to their own stuff.

Brian said...

In my youth, one of my good friends from school was a huge fan. In fact, I would say he was the biggest fan in the world. He used to write the band in Australia all of the time, and they had a nice little correspondence going with their pal from the sticks in Illinois. His reward for staying in touch was the 1989 album Rotund for Success. It had a huge pumpkin on the cover. On the back cover were the words "'Big Car Intro' was recorded live in Morton IL. Pumpkin capital of the world." That was our hometown... and our motto to this day really is pumpkin capital of the world. My friend was tickled at the mention. They had some wonderful songs we used to play in the car at top volume. I really liked All Saints Day.

Swiss Adam said...

That's great Brian. TBH apart from this and couple of other bits and bobs, I don't know too much about them.