Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 30 September 2017

Sail To Me


The This Mortal Coil cover version I posted on Tuesday, a genuine 80s indie classic from Ivo Watts-Russell, Liz Fraser and Robin Guthrie, has been re-edited by In The Valley. You might think that the TMC original is so peerless that it should never be tinkered with. In fact, In The Valley says on his/her/their Soundcloud page 'They told me not to touch the classics, but I did'. And it is worth it, taking the spectral qualities of the Guthrie and Fraser song and marrying it to a Balearic reggae feel. You'll be playing this several times this morning alone (and there's a download button too).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Liz Fraser

JC said...

No!!!!

The original just means too much to me. This is heresy!