Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 23 September 2012

Der Alte


This song should suit your Sunday morning; Der Alte, which shuffled up on my mp3 player recently. I didn't know what it was, who it was by or where I got it from. I still don't know where it came from but it is a sublime piece of modern house music. Interesting drum track, lovely piano riff and some synth strings. That reductive description doesn't do it justice at all- it's a fantastic track. Highly recommended. It's from 2011, by Kolsch (there should be an umlaut in there), a well regarded German tech-house producer. Which shows how close my finger is to the pulse of current dance music. But I shall be investigating further.

Der Alte

Random picture- Augustus John, Welsh portrait painter and all round bohemian. Rocking it.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Love this tune, I think I first heard it after downloading a Weatherall mix from here.

Love it, love it, love it.

Great blog, I come here daily but rarely say thank you so I'm making up for it today!

Andrew

Swiss Adam said...

Thanks Andrew, comments always appreciated. Funny that I must have heard the song in a mix I posted but didn't really hear it until I heard it as an individual song (downloaded from someone else).