Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 14 September 2012

The Return Of Friday Night Is Rockabilly Night 73


No-one did 50s rockabilly better than the Johnny Burnette Rock 'n' Roll Trio. Later on, in the early 60s, Johnny had a solo pop career which is where and when this picture must be from. His 50s stuff is raw and real with the best guitar tones rockabilly ever got- (see The Train Kept A Rollin', Honey Hush, Rockbilly Boogie, all of which I've posted on a Friday here). In the meantime...

Lonesome Tears In My Eyes

4 comments:

George said...

after the complete and utter balls-up at our place this week (they couldn't find their arse with both hands) how nice to see Johnny Burnette! Excellent.

George said...

and excellent A-House track, I'd forgotten about them

dickvandyke said...

You reminded me of a song from his boy Rocky? I may be the only one who bought it in 1980?
I loved it then - and haven't heard it on the radio since. Anyone remember it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH0S3fC4GaA

Swiss Adam said...

Intriguing. Never heard that before DVD.