Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 24 January 2013

Beatific

Some more Vorticist linocuts for you- words I didn't think I'd end up typing when I started this blog. The one above is Henri Gaudier-Brzeska's The Wrestlers (looks like it should be easy to do, probably very difficult. Maybe I should try).


Second, E McKnight Kauffer's Flight- he went on to advertising and to produce posters for the London Underground.


Third, Claude Flight's Revolution- fucking brilliant (and yes, that's art criticism).



Finally Lill Tschudi's Tour De Suisse, which isn't really done justice to in this jpeg.

Today's music- some more slightly barking nu-disco from my current faves Glass Candy; good enough to melt the snow and bring the sun out.

Beatific

7 comments:

John Medd said...

Bloody hell! I turn my back for 5 minutes and you've turned your blog into the Tate. I like your taste in art. I like also your snappy synopsis.

Swiss Adam said...

Welcome back John- glad you like the changes

Anonymous said...

Succinct and to the point--the best kind of art criticism.

Echorich said...

More Glass Candy!! Takes me back to downtown NYC 79-81!!!

gullybully said...

Just wanted to say i love what you do on here. Its a little visual and aural treat.
Love the linocuts.
Jay

londonlee said...

Wot, no Wyndham Lewis? He was Lord of the Vorts.

Swiss Adam said...

Mmm, I should do Wyndham Lewis.