Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 5 September 2015

Weatherall Antenna


Now we're well into September, everyone's back at school with their new school shoes and pencil cases. I've started a new job, same place but new role, which is a bit daunting. It's noticeably darker earlier. Brrrr.

This mix from Andrew Weatherall was uploaded recently, his dj set from the Moine Dubh launch night back in July, recorded at Antenna Studios. It's an hour and a quarter of psychedelia, folk, baroque with a bit of country, moving through Manfred Mann, Jane Weaver, Captain Beefheart's most lovely moment, Townes van Zandt, Melody's Echo Chamber, The Liminanas, Shilpa Ray and Harpers Bizarre to name but a few. It feels just right for this time of the year.

You can listen to it at Mixcloud or at Rotters Golf Club (which if you dig around a bit will also give up his second quarterly reading list). Other Weatherall related news for those that are interested- the first subscription 7" single from Moine Dubh is about to go out via the postman. I resisted signing up for a quite a while, weeks maybe. Then I cracked. He's done a remix of the New Order single Restless which is out in October on green vinyl, one for David  Holmes' Unloved group (also October, don't know what colour the vinyl is yet) and one for Beck too. And he's hosting a festival at Carcasonne castle in south west France at the end of the month. If you're going, I envy you.

3 comments:

drew said...

I too signed up, probably didn't resist as long as you as I have absolutely no fucking willpower.

drew said...

And I am taking my nephew to see him in the Sub Club next month, a place I have not frequented for nearly twenty years!

Swiss Adam said...

That'll be good Drew, enjoy. I nearly tweeted you when I cracked- willpower isn't my strong point either.