Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 14 August 2018

All Good Wishes


One of my most played 12" singles from last year was Morning Velvet Sky by Gulp, a Cardiff based group comprising Guto (from Super Furry Animals) and Lindsey Leven plus guitarist Gid Goundrey. The single came with an excellent space-disco remix from Richard Norris as well as the original version. A couple of days ago Drew pointed me towards their new album All Good Wishes, which came out at the start of the month and is packed with 60s psych influenced songs, some of that strange folk tinged stuff and some progressive, cosmiche exploration. So now I have another album that I need to buy. Thanks Drew.

7 comments:

Walter said...

Excellent stuff Adam. One more record on my list.

drew said...

My pleasure but what about 77:78, Jellies, I've had to add that and the Mattiel albums to my ever burgeoning list, what with a new Spiritualized album dropping in 24 days, not that I'm counting. I have also heard great things about the new Coral album and the Vryll Society. Too many records not enough cash.

Michael Doherty said...

I was just listening to the wonderful Richard Norris remix last night which led me on a bit of a RM remix fest.

TheRobster said...

I'm still getting into the Gulp album, it's the sort of thing I have to be in the mood for. But if a SFA is involved, it's all good really. Drew - I can vouch for the Coral album being very decent. Quite different to the last one and somewhat shorter too, but some very good tunes on it. And the Mattiel album is excellent as well.

Echorich said...

Good Good Stuff!

drew said...

Great Robster, another to add to the list!

Swiss Adam said...

New Woodleigh Research Facility album just been announced too.