Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 20 August 2018

T69

It's easy to feel dismayed about the state of things in 2018- the ongoing self-destructive impulse of Brexit; the Conservative Party continuing to put holding onto power over the national good; the threatened 'return' of Farage; the lack of opposition to Brexit from the Labour Party and the schisms within it that distract it from doing its job; the walking turd that is Boris Johnson and his racist game playing; Trump's autocracy and ongoing normalisation of far right wing politics; the lack of investment in infrastructure by bureaucracies and profiteering/cost-cutting by private companies that leads to loss of life on a large scale (Genoa, Grenfell); in a different area, the Glazer family, Ed Woodward and Jose Mourinho's continuing mission to fuck up Manchester United. I could go on. But take heart from the fact there there are people who can do this...

Actually,  I'm not sure that there are people (plural) who can do this- there is only Richard D. James who can do this. Seriously mindbending, otherworldly stuff.

6 comments:

drew said...

You missed out once great artists selling limited edition albums at car boot sales.

It does feel like end times, still Aidrie won at the weekend away from home after bering reduced to ten men after 13 minutes.

Swiss Adam said...

My last point clearly isn't going to dismay a lot of people- some will be lapping it up.

londonlee said...

I’m saying nothing

Swiss Adam said...

I was waiting for you. And The Robster.

Swiss Adam said...

Drew- just got through the full NTS show. He said other versions of the album will be available in the new year (presume digi or cd)

Anonymous said...

Richard D James is a fucking genius. That is all.
Love Badger