Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 19 July 2019

Four Thousand


This is post number four thousand at Bagging Area, the four thousandth time I've written a few words about pop music. Without wanting to blow my own trumpet too much, that's a lot of posts and some kind of achievement- possibly also a sign of an obsessive nature and as Drew sometimes points out a tad self indulgent too. But still, four thousand.

Some musical maths for you. I was thinking about trying to do a Countdown style randomly selected set of numbers (in song titles) and seeing if anyone could use them to calculate 4000. But I've just spent 48 hours living in a field in Lancashire with a group of 14 year olds as an end of the school year experience and I'm quite tired so the maths is staying very simple and involves these artists- Massive Attack v Burial, The Charlatans and The Gentle Waves.

 Four Walls

Let The Good Times Be Never Ending

Hold Back A Thousand Hours

14 comments:

Charity Chic said...

4000 is mightily impressive SA
Yu are now an institution!

Martin said...

Seriously impressive achievement. For context, I've been blogging at various levels of intensity since February 2005 yet only have 830-something posts to my name. Respect!

FurryBootsCityBoy said...

Happy 4000th post. More power to your blogging elbow!

The Swede said...

A remarkable achievement SA - congratulations! Here's to the next 4000!

Anonymous said...

Swiss, your content is consistently engaging, and (along with reminding me of music that I already knew) you've introduced me to many interesting artists that I probably wouldn't have come across otherwise, especially in the IDM/EDM area - thanks for all the great posts that you do!

twopalmtrees said...

Four thousand posts is a fantastic achievement. Congratulations!

John Medd said...

Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the posts and interesting digressions. Daily posts must be the endurance sport of the blogger.
-SRC

C said...

4000? Boggles my mind, to be honest! Congratulations and thank you for being so dedicated and allowing me to hear so much good new music to boot.

Swiss Adam said...

Thanks everyone. The thought of 4000 more makes more feel a bit overwhelmed but I have no plans to stop. TBH the decision to post daily and the necessity to write daily is a discipline I enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Well done SA

Drew

Brian said...

Equal parts discipline and passion. I don't know how you do it... just keep doing it. Congratulations.

Echorich said...

Impressive and always enjoyable! Congrats!

Dirk said...

… and by and large each and every post was a winner, I have been introduced to a lot of brilliant stuff over the years, so thanks for that, SA!