Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 9 September 2021

Tears And September

Two slices of late summer Balearica from the reliable hands of DJ/ producer/ musician/ journalist Chris Coco, perfect for this sweltering September heat wave. I sat in the garden last night, the sky an inky deep blue and the trees silhouetted in black against it. It was still 25 degrees centigrade, hotter than it was in August. There are some bats that flit over the garden- you catch them out of the corner of your eye as they zig zag left and right. They brighten my day up every time I half see them. 

Back to the Balearica. First is Chris Coco with George Solar and their Lagrimas De San Lorenzo, a blend of spaced out synths, warm summer sounds and some jazzy guitar. Proper back garden watching the bats against the night sky in the heat music.

The Coyote remix is even better. I can't find a Youtube clip for it so you'll have to go to Bandcamp to listen to it- you can do that here. Coyote, a Notts DJ/ producer duo, have been everywhere I turn this year and an album is due out shortly. The remix slows things down, stretches it out and finds a very cool groove. 

Chris and George released this recently too, a dub version of September On The Island, a tribute to Ibiza when the season has ended and the beaches are empty. Nice work if you can get it. Low slung Balearic dub with a lovely wandering trombone part. Buy it here

2 comments:

Khayem said...

I was straight on to the Lagrimas De San Lorenzo remixes after you highlighted the Remix EP earlier this year and both have been regularly played since.

I really like the dub of September On The Island, but I am baulking at the price tag for a digital file. For space reasons, most of my files end up as 192kbps MP3s, so the (seemingly) growing trend to charge £2.00 for a single track is a bit much for me.

acidted said...

Hadn't heard these before. All lovely tracks.