Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 6 April 2012

Friday Night Is... Wilko Johnson Is Playing In Sale Tonight Night




And I'm not going.

We've just stepped through the door fresh from barreling down the A19 and the A1(M) and the M62, with six washing machine loads to sort and all the rest. So while the guitarist from Dr Feelgood (song from way back in 1975 down below) is playing just a fifteen minute walk from my front door, I don't think I'l be there. Probably sold out anyway.

Sale's music venue is The Waterside, a small arts theatre. In the past I've either been away when there's a rare appearance by anyone decent (The Earlies) or haven't heard about it til the gig's passed (Roddy Frame, Imelda May) due to their crap publicity department or couldn't be arsed (Lloyd Cole). So... where's my coat?

Back In the Night

2 comments:

drew said...

Glad you are all back in one piece. Nothing like coming home, always my favourite part of being away.

I'm spending the evening sifting through two wine boxes full of tapes I had stored in a cupboard.

Swiss Adam said...

Looking forward to hearing whats on the tapes. In the end at 8.30 I went to see Wilko. It was pretty good. Home by 10.40 too.