Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 22 May 2014

Don't Forget



Don't forget to vote today.

I'm sure none of you would consider voting for Ukip and I'm sorry if I'm preaching to the converted here but... there are some people who think that a vote for Ukip is just a protest vote, merely a rejection of the big parties and their grey-suited, all-the-same policies and their featureless leaders. That somehow they are sending a message that 'the people' need to be listened to and here's an 'outsider' who can shake things up a bit. And he seems like a decent chap, likes a pint and a smoke, speaks common sense, says what people are actually thinking.

But... a vote for Ukip is not just a protest vote. It is a vote for small mindedness, for a petty Little Englander outlook, for people who think they can turn the clock back to some imaginary 1950s idyll of whiteness and conformity and tidy front gardens, it is a vote for intolerance, for distrust and for bigotry, for conservatism, for backwardness.

Don't forget to vote today.

Go Get Organised

3 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Far more eloquently put than my post SA but we are both hopefully spreading the same message.
Hopefully they are a 10 minute wonder protest party but I have my doubts

Swiss Adam said...

I've been trying to tell myself they are a flash in the pan but the results are beginning to suggest something else. It doesn't help that Ed Milliband is so uninspiring. He comes across as Deputy head Boy at a minor public school rather than aspiring PM

Dirk said...

Looking at the UK results this morning I think not too many people read your blog, SA: what a shame!