A few weeks ago I got a message from Tak Tent Radio, an internet radio station broadcasting out of Edinburgh, asking if I'd like to do an hour long mix for them. I was flattered, obviously, and said yes. Ali said musically Tak Tent is a total 'free for all so play whatever you like'. If you have a dig around on their website you'll see that it is with everything from Italo and electro to gospel and Scots folk, ragas and psyche- pop and Aiden Moffatt to Richard Youngs playing Hawkwind and Flux Of Pink Indians. In the end I put together an hour of music that follows in some kind of line from the Isolation mixes I was doing in the spring and summer, ambient and tracks with found sounds, drones and noise, some Durutti Column, some Two Lone Swordsmen and some clattering, spooked out Eno/ Byrne style stuff. The samples in Maurice And Charles's I, Carpenter and the voice of Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken gave me a title and a reference to the ongoing horror show/ political reality TV show that is going on in the USA. It went out yesterday morning and you can find my Find The President mix to stream at Mixcloud here.
I almost titled it after Snake's line in this clip...
- A Man Called Adam: Easter Song Gospel Oak FX/ Speaking In Tongues
- Daniel Avery and Alessandro Cortini: Interrupted By The Cloud of Light
- Glok: Pulsing (Citadel Ambient Version)
- Jan van den Broeke: Memories
- Jan van den Broeke: Who Is Still Dreaming?
- Steven Legget: Still
- Richard Norris: Water
- Rick Cuevas: The Birds
- Durutti Column: Bordeaux Sequence
- Calexico: Untitled (Two Lone Swordsmen Virus Style Mix)
- Brian Eno and David Byrne: The Jezebel Spirit
- Maurice & Charles: I, Carpenter
- Two Lone Swordsmen: Smokebelch (For Ali)
- Daniel Avery: TBW17