Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 31 December 2016

Riod


It happens at the end of every year- I get the Piccadilly Records end of year list booklet and end up buying something that I missed which turns out to be a really good listen. This year it's an album that came out back in February, a collaboration between Detroit techno legend Juan Atkins and Berlin techno legend Moritz von Oswald. Transport is eight tracks of modern techno, pitched halfway between the two cities and updating the classic 90s sound for now. It was preceded by this single which had an alternate version of the album's long, repetitive centrepiece.

I'm off to Old Trafford today to see United. I'll see you all later here for the New Year's Eve shenanigans and a bumper post to send 2016 on its way.

Riod (Alternative Version)

2 comments:

The Swede said...

My list of things I missed in 2016 is getting ever-longer too, with every end of year poll I read. This is nice.

Echorich said...

Here's to a Happy and Healthy New Year!!