Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 22 December 2016

Without People You're Nothing


Joe Strummer died on 22nd December 2002 and I've got into the habit of marking it here. God only knows what he'd have made of the events of 2016 but his famous quote that gives this post its title is as relevant as ever.

I finish work today for the Christmas holiday and I cannot remember ever feeling so tired. I'll be raising a glass to Joe's memory tonight. This song from Global A Go Go typifies Joe's multicultural look at the world and his joy in other cultures.

Bhindi Bhagee

His bandmate and friend Paul Simonon turned 61 on the 15th of December so happy belated birthday to him too.




4 comments:

The Swede said...

Never forgotten.

drew said...

We need the likes of Joe in these troubled times

Brian said...

I think I'll join you with that glass tonight, Adam.

Swiss Adam said...

Salut!