Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Flow Like A River Of Bass Vibration


The Irwell again, above, photographed from the same bridge as yesterday but facing south rather than north.

River Of Bass is the opener to Side D of dubnobasswithmyheadman (or track 8 on cd), possibly the best album of the 1990s. River Of Bass glides into being, all fluid and loose with Karl's vocals half whispered/half sung over the top, their most ambient track. Sub bass that entrances and mesmerises. Calming and reflective.

River Of Bass

5 comments:

drew said...

Bold statement that SA.

JTFL said...

Thanks for this. Outstanding track.

Swiss Adam said...

Yes, Drew- I put 'possibly' but I could be persuaded to argue the case.

Echorich said...

I was thinking the same thing as Drew, but I have to agree it certainly among the top few albums of that decade. I've toyed with putting that list down in my blog since I have the #1 and #2, and #3 for that matter solidly in place...

As for dubnobasswithmyheadman, it has the dubious honor of being the most stolen/borrowed cd in my collection. I have had to swipe it back from 3 "friends" over that years and REPLACE it once after a party when it went "missing"...

Anonymous said...

Mich as I like Underworld I was never as taken with the album as others. My preferences will rest with Orbital's In Sides.