Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 2 January 2018

January Mix


Early January. Well done if you actually know what day it is. My calendar tells me it's Tuesday but you could tell me it was any day of the week and I'd probably believe you. Reality has a habit of snapping back in in early January- my commiserations if you're back at work today.

This is a completely remixed version of Perpetual Dawn, done by The Orb themselves, for their 1991 remix album The Aubrey Mixes: The Ultraworld Excursion (the album was released and deleted on the same day). Starting out with a burst of noise and radio voices and turning down the reggae influences from the original mix, January Mix 3 transforms slowly, adding Gregorian chanting and finally gathering pace in the sixth minute, and ending with the screech of tyres. Good work Alex and Thrash, job done.

Perpetual Dawn (January Mix 3)

No comments: