Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 19 January 2018

Jukebox Babe


My love of San Francisco drone hippy-punks Moon Duo is well documented. They have a new 12" out today, a pair of covers. One of them is a version of No Fun by The Stooges that they worked up when appearing on 6 Music for Iggy's 70th birthday (and it gives me an excuse to use this picture of Iggy a friend shared on social media recently). The other is a cover of Alan Vega's 1981 single Jukebox Babe, an exercise in repetition and reverb that will take some beating. Both were recorded/produced by Sonic Boom, who knows a thing or two about repetition.

5 comments:

The Swede said...

I'm a big fan of the band too. Excellent stuff.

drew said...

This arrived this morning. Looking forward to listening to it later.

drew said...

I’m not too keen on Jukebox Babe but the version of No Fun is very good. Not quite up there with the Pistols at Winterland version which is my absolute favourite.

JC said...

Just wanted to pass on my thanks and congrats for a wonderfully eclectic set of postings this past week. Great reading and decent tunes.

Swiss Adam said...

Thanks JC.