Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 17 February 2020

Monday's Long Song


Today's long song comes from France and Turkey, a weirded out, industrial dub funk workout with spoken/whispered vocals pushed to the fore over some very seductive mechanical and electronic comings and goings. The original track, Durma, is by a Franco- Turkish duo called Kit Sebastian who say that their music is 'the meeting point of Anatolian psychedelia and Brazilian tropicalia... 60s European pop and American jazz.' The remix by Baris K takes Durma somewhere else entirely.

7 comments:

drew said...

Loving this, thanks.

jonder said...

Just read of Andrew Weatherall's death, and my first thought was to offer you condolences. I don't know you, but to any reader of your blog it is clear that Weatherall's music gave you a great deal of pleasure. I learned a lot about him from your writing. The passing of someone we admire can affect us deeply, and the sense of loss is enduring, not unlike grieving a loved one.

Swiss Adam said...

Thanks Jonder. Its fair to say this blog (and me) owe a huge amount to him, his music and life. I'm at a loss to now what to say about it at the moment.

Tom W said...

Same as Jonder, above; this blog seemed the place to come to mourn. I'll never be the Weatherall fan you are – my allegiance is to that other great bearded counterculture artist who broke through in the late 80s, Alan Moore – but your blog's where I've picked up so much of AW's recent work. Condolences to all who remember him. I'll be playing Haunted Dancehall tonight.

Luca said...

Just heard the news. Damn. Condolences to all.

Echorich said...

On a Monday so full of work and no time to catch up on the things that make a workday tolerable, I jumped on line tonight and was so very saddened to hear of the loss of mad and wonderful genius of Andrew Weatherall. The man seems quite integral to the goings on in our corner of the blogosphere. Like others have said Bagging Area is the center of my understanding and knowledge of all things Andrew Weatherall. May his soul find peace and his creativity live on in his memory.

Swiss Adam said...

Its nice to think I've done my little bit to share his music and work. Thanks for the kind words chaps.