Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 24 August 2019

Dreamer


Four Tet has been slipping new tracks out semi- regularly recently and has an new e.p. out now (Anna Painting, three new songs to accompany an exhibition of the paintings of his friend Anna Liber Lewis). Back in mid- July this one came out and I almost missed it.



If that doesn't put a smile on your face for the cost of one measly quid I don't know what will*. Following April's Teenage Birdsong, Dreamer is lighter than air and hypnotic, the little riffs and melodies dancing around in circles while the drums skip about.

* The photo of the French electricity substation I give you for nothing. While reversing to photograph it I drove over a bollard which collapsed and then popped up in front of the car which caused me to laugh for some time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a new theme? French electricity substation photography, niche, but i like it.
-SRC

Swiss Adam said...

It could be. I have several similar pictures.

C said...

I heard this on the radio very recently and it is entirely thanks to you/this blog that I said to myself "ah, this must be Four Tet" as I recognised the sound (felt quite proud of myself too, tbh!)
Love the photo - and the fact that the substation roof is so beautifully tiled!

Swiss Adam said...

That's ace C, blogging spreading the word.

drew said...

It is another Four Tet track, nuff said.