Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 22 July 2010

The Psychedelic Furs 'Pretty In Pink'


We've been on a post-punk/indie guitar trip this week at Bagging Area, so let's have this marvelous early 80s moment, a song that even that Molly Ringwold (sigh) film can't completely destroy. Hairspray, back-combing and fingerless gloves at the ready. This is the original version from 1981, with our friend Martin Hannett at the controls, rather than the re-recorded version for the film of the same name, which had some unpleasantly 1986ish keyboards and drums. That second version and the film Pretty In Pink made them big in the USA, big on college radio, top 40 in the UK, and sent them on a commercial hit chasing journey. This one is much, much better.

15 Pretty in Pink.wma

2 comments:

ANCB said...

Have I changed your link too soon? I'm directing folk to wordpress ain't I you see....

Swiss Adam said...

Sorry, I'm using both-this one for the moment with Wordpress as a backup. Wondered why hits at wordpress had gone up. Doesn't matter- same stuff going on at both. Thought I'd keep this going as I find it a bit easier to use.