Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 29 October 2010

Roar Roar Like A Dungeon Dragon


One of the best things about doing this blog for me has been how it's led me back to some stuff I haven't listened to for years, decades even. The recent Pharcyde and Public Enemy posts being two examples- it's years and years since I deliberately put on any hip-hop, and I haven't gone mad and started wearing my jeans really low or nodding my head slowly while driving the car or anything, but the door has re-opened slightly. This is another great piece of early 90s hip-hop from A Tribe Called Quest's second album The Low End Theory. I'm sure a lot of work went into recording, sampling (Hendrix, Kool And The Gang, The Ohio Players, Jack McDuff, and The Emotions), arranging and writing this track, but over a great bassline it just sounds like seven men standing around a microphone and making rhymes about whatever comes to mind- effortlessly cool.

14 - A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario featuring L.O.N.S..mp3

3 comments:

drew said...

Bet you do nod your head when driving, come on admit it.

Swiss Adam said...

A bit maybe. But only when no-one's looking.

bossman said...

funnily enough, I was just listening to this album on the way home from work the other night, it still sounds great.