Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 21 October 2010

Zig Zag


Bagging Area has been zig-zagging all over the place recently, from 80s indie, to rock, to vintage hip hop to acid house, post punk, Irish punk and God knows wherever else. Eclecticism- we got it. Or randomitis.

Anyway - tenuous link ahoy!- here's Zig Zag Wanderer from Captain Beefheart, a zippy piece of souped up r'n'b/fast electric blues. As everyone knows Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica is a work of unparalleled genius. If I ever manage to listen to it all the way through I'll let you know if I agree. This song is from the much more listenable Safe As Milk album, and let's be honest, the man and his band at this point looked sharp. Very, very sharp.

Zig Zag Wanderer.mp3

1 comment:

drew said...

Trout Mask Replica, is the Ulysses of music for me, I keep trying but never get to the end.

Although it is a lot less useful as a door stop than Joyce's novel.