Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 12 July 2013

Lay Right Down In My Favourite Place


This has been added to a recent re-release of The House Of Love's debut album, a live cover version of I Wanna Be Your Dog. Pretty standard fare you might think- it's an easy song to cover, it's a lot of fun to play, it stakes your left-field credentials as a Stooges fan. To be fair Guy Chadwick doesn't really try to out-Iggy Iggy but the twin guitar work is a joy and this is a top quality live recording sound-wise. It also sounds like the mic was about three inches from Terry Bickers amp.

I Wanna Be Your Dog

3 comments:

ally. said...

they were a rotten lot the hols. mean and rotten. the sort you don't want in your pub. just so you know like. and that's when they were nothing too
x

Swiss Adam said...

That doesn't surprise me somehow Ally.

Hazard said...

Like it! I like the fuzziness.