Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 14 July 2013

Tallulah Gosh



Daniel Avery has remixed the new Primal Scream single- Invisible City. There are two versions. I prefer this one (annoyingly neither will embed right now, click on the links). It builds slowly and then turns a bit acidic. 'Proper good' says a Soundcloud commenter and, you know what, I can't improve on that. There's also the Drone City remix, a bit softer and more chilled. Also pretty proper good.

For the record, after an initial sense of uncertainty, Primal Scream's More Light lp is rarely off my stereo at the moment. At first I thought 'too long, too many songs, the songs are too long, Christ that's a lyrical clunker etc' but  now I'm really enjoying it. Still think it could have been trimmed- not the song lengths perhaps but the number of songs. There are some crackers on it and David Homes' production is superb throughout, River Of Pain being my current favourite. And while It's Alright, It's OK is very much festival-fodder and Scream-by-numbers, it is also a fantastic summer song and often leads to Dad kitchen dancing (after dark, after alcohol). Back to form after two recent long-playing disasters and a Bagging Area hit, somewhat late in the day perhaps. I expect some of you will disagree.

Also, the new bass player is both really cool and really hot.

This song is a B-side from a Riot City Blues single, in which- cue glitter and dry ice- 'Tonight Matthew, we're going to be Led Zeppelin!'

Zeppelin Blues While Thinking Of Robert Parker


4 comments:

drew said...

Those Avery mixes are very good, very little of the original in there.

I may have to put the album on again after your post but I suspect my opinion won't change much

Swiss Adam said...

Thing is, I think you have to play it a lot to start to get something out of it. It reveals itself slowly.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for a tune featuring a Kitchen Dad Dancing remix. This style seems to be catching on.
You know it's gonna happen someday.
Luca

phil spector said...

Nothing Is Real, Nothing Is Unreal, from the bonus CD is the best thing to these ears.