Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 20 July 2013

Stubborn Love

Once upon a time American alt-country was all the rage and I lapped it up, or some of it. Then it seemed the bands were ten a penny and I got bored with it. But I found this recently by The Lumineers, who I'd never heard before, and have been going back to it. The playing is good, nicely sparse, and the combination of the different vocalists- nice bit of hollering- and the cello is really lovely. Recorded live in session last year.




3 comments:

Walter said...

Seems like took the words right out of my mouth. Great piece of music. Have a nice weekend, SA

Anonymous said...

The Lumineers' 'Ho Hey' is having some modicum of airplay in Italy these days. Quite like it.
Have a hot weekend.
Luca

Charity Chic said...

I too got a bit Alt Countried out SA -but it is making a comeback on Bloodshot Tuesday!