Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Long Was The Morning


I may have posted this song before, or at least one of its versions (there are a few), but it was a few years back and it bears repeating. Arena II is a song by mid 80s samples, electronics plus instruments band Colourbox. They made a lot of reggae influenced stuff and some BAD style sample-driven instrumentals but this song is a piano ballad. It has factory settings drum machine, some clicky percussion, great big piano chords and a superb vocal. It is a bit proto-house music. It is about love lost. The bottom line- it is a piano ballad.

Arena 2

As I was listening to this song (while trying to type this post) Mrs Swiss came in and said 'what 80s nonsense is this? It is 80s isn't it?' '1985' I replied. I was about to type the words 'I don't think this song sounds thirty years old', but maybe I'd be wrong.

No comments: