Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 4 January 2015

Real Lies


I've read the name of a new group a couple of times in recent days- Real Lies. From North London, the three-piece make 'dreamy electronic dance music that deals in the dirt of real life... a little bit baggy, a little bit Balearic, harking back to New Order's Technique'.

Yeah, right, I thought. So I went to the computer and look, actually it does!



I like this one too, North Circular (songs about roads = a good thing). There's a bit of a Mike Skinner thing in the vocals with some early 90s sounds.



They do all look very young.
I found a remix which has more than a few shades of Underworld in it.

World Peace (Pariah Remix)

1 comment:

Echorich said...

Enjoyed that! Thanks SA. I hope they can maintain the pretty high level of output the first three singles foreshadow. I get the New Order/Streets vibes but thankfully they don't overpower things.
The 90's are the next music era ready to be mined! Let's just hope we don't end up with a bunch of New Nirvanas and Blurs.