Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 3 October 2011

Sparrows, Potatoes, Workshops, Ladies


My friend H plays in a band called Echolocation, mainly in the Leicester area. Recently they supported Sparrow And The Workshop who have had two well received albums including Spitting Daggers, out earlier this year. He recommended them to me, both live and on disc, in fulsome terms. And who can deny a band so well dressed and with twin moustaches? They do a kind of alt-folk-rock noir, old time music and old time instrumentation, and it works really well. There's some rockier numbers among the dark folk but I had to go for this song, the true story of King Louis XV's fourteen year old Irish mistress.


This is my 900th post. I didn't think I'd ever get this far when I started out.

6 comments:

drew said...

Christ SA, 900 posts, that's impressive.

davyh said...

That is indeed a highly commendable post total SA. I've been at this lark for 5 years this week, but I'm only up to 719 posts!

hsd said...

Happy 900th x

hsd said...

ps. Check out the video for this song. Not enough re-enactments of the allotment civil wars. Gregor the Drummer with the excellent 'tache does the videos all very good.

Swiss Adam said...

I think it may suggest I have an obsessive personality or something

Anonymous said...

well done on 900. It's a fair old number.

Ctel