Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 14 October 2011

We'll Stay Inside 'Til Somebody Finds us


I posted The National's cover of The Clash's Clampdown last month and in the meantime have found myself going back to this song, from their Boxer album in 2007. If all their songs were as good as this one I'd love The National. It's got a lovely, insistent rhythm and tells a tale of a couple holed up in their apartment, taking comfort in each other, safe inside with four walls and the TV, while the cruel, relentless, adult world waits outside. At least, that's what I hear.

1 comment:

Echorich said...

The National ar by far the stand out American rock band - "rock" being a relative term I suppose.
They are so impressive on album and so very entertaining live!
Boxer is one of the great albums of the first decade of this new millenium.