Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 16 August 2012

Hidden Library


Someone over at Ripped In Glasgow Basefook page has been looking for the Hidden Library 7" singles that Andrew Weatherall released via the Rotters Golf Club website back in 2002. I posted all four sides two years ago but the links have long expired so I'll stick these up again. Limited to 500 copies of each these two records were mail order only. As far as I know Hidden Library 001 doesn't exist (or only existed in a very small run) and was perhaps played on a Two Lone Swordsmen radio show. Hidden Library 002 was two sides of Weatherall/Tenniswood hip-hop influenced electronica, good if inessential.

Hidden Library 2a
Hidden Library 2b

Hidden Library 003 was credited to Jnr Poon. Exactly whose alias this was I've never been entirely sure. Buzzy, electric, snarly, catchy; Lord Of The Hornets is a personal favourite, a record I've inflicted on paying customers when djing to support a band. It is a cover of a Robert Calvert song, a man barking even by Hawkwind standards. The B-side I don't really like at all.

Lord Of The Hornets
My Backwards Cousin Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/82996-Jnr-Poon