Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 27 March 2013

I'm The Window Fitter (In The House of Love)



It turns out that recent postees The House Of Love have got a new album out and are doing a short tour in April. When I'm going to be away. Damn.

Terry Bickers and Guy Chadwick have reunited. There's no real change in direction- Guy's voice and lyrics could have been cut and pasted from the late 80s and Terry's guitar playing is as good as ever. An article in Sunday's Observer claimed that Guy made/makes a living by fitting windows in South London. It also says that near the end of the Bickers first tenure in the band he spoilt a gig in Wales by singing Sham 69 songs over the band's own songs. I saw them at Warrington a few days before he was dumped by the side of a motorway and his backing vocals and playing that night seemed to be almost deliberately off key and out of time- but I don't recall him singing the words to Borstal Breakout over Christine. I'm pretty tempted by their new lp. But it's probably mainly nostalgia on my part.


3 comments:

davyh said...

Now you've got me trying to fit Sham 69 lyrics over HOL tunes.

Swiss Adam said...

Doesn't work does it?

philomena spector said...

Still have a soft spot for the HOL, even after this....

http://plainorpan.com/2013/02/23/guy-chadwick-once-tried-to-kick-me-full-in-the-face-but-i-deserved-it-so-i-did/

Cheers!