Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 2 March 2013

Vinyl Storage Solutions

Here is my recent storage solution for some of my vinyl following Glen Campbell's discovery that my record collection was getting damp. I still need to sort out something for half the cds (M through to Z and compilations) and potentially get another Ikea Expedit (product placement alert) for the vinyl stacked on the bookshelf in the right of this photo. It's an ongoing project.


I don't expect you to find this that interesting. But have a look at Drew's post today at Across The Kitchen Table and then play spot the difference.

10 comments:

drew said...

sad bastards we really are!

btw - just played mbv for the ninth time, held off listening until the vinyl arrived. Not really feeling it, which is quite distressing!

Swiss Adam said...

I love the mbv record- at least half of the songs are great. Although when I had it on the other night, when Wonder 2 was playing, Lou gave a look that said 'what is this shit?'.

Cynical Farmer said...

You could keep them in an old fridge.

Echorich said...

Big fan of the Expedite. Defintely sturdy enough for the vinyl collection. I hav a few Besta cabinets for the CD's, but unlike my vinyl, I can hide away a good portion of my cd's behind the primary rows making the depth of the cabinets work for me.

Oh and as for MBV...I find it so much more interesting than Loveless. But then I seemed to always buck the presumed wisdom of Kevin Shield's band.

Swiss Adam said...

I hadn't thought of keeping them in a fridge.

Artog said...

Is that Karl Marx on your speakers?

Swiss Adam said...

Sadly not- pair of ancient Greeks.

Artog said...

Socrates would have been my next guess. Followed by John Peel.

George said...

Good photo. Excellent article. I'm a bit disappointed that you seem to have things on your speakers. I can barely allow anyone to touch mine....but then, I can be really touchy and precious.

bossman said...

That looks good, I found an upright shelf with 5 cubicles a couple of years ago for mine. Problem is I've now run out of room....