Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 15 March 2013

The Girl With A Pearl Earring


Another Bagging Area mini-series splutters to a painful close (I'm ignoring dragon tattoos and hornet's nests).

Girl With A Pearl Earring is a painting by Dutch painter Johannes Vermeer, and a 2003 film starring Scarlett Johansson (which I haven't seen). The painting is also known as the Mona Lisa of the north or the Dutch Mona Lisa.

Pearl Bastard was a previously unreleased Stone Roses demo that saw the light of day with that huge boxed set re-release of their debut album. What does it sound like? An unfinished Stone Roses demo. As links go it's pretty tenuous- and I was going to put in a Pearl Harbour song (Pearl Harbour and the Explosions, former wife of Paul Simonon, Clash support act- in fact I've posted her rather good cover of Wanda Jackson's Fujiyama Mama previously) until I remembered about this Roses song.

Pearl Bastard

No comments: