Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 28 November 2014

The Return Of Friday Night Is Rockabilly Night 161



A charming MTV feature from the 80s on the then rockabilly revival with interviews from The Stray Cats, The Blasters and The Rockats and a not-at-all-basic guise to rockabilly. For added 80s-ness it's been uploaded from VHS, complete with tracking lines and squiggles. And MTV was a music channel back then- imagine that!

It has been a very long week, more like a fortnight really, and quite intense. Get a round in someone- I'll get the next one.


3 comments:

C said...

This is a brilliant little clip, SA, what a nice find. I still have a huge soft spot for the Stray Cats. I don't know the Blasters...but I'm curious to know if the Rockats are the same Rockats that used to be fronted by Levi? I saw Levi & The Rockats supporting Wayne County & The Electric Chairs on the Eddie & Sheena Tour in '78 - one of my first gigs. I didn't - and still don't - know anything about them but it was quite something to see a rockabilly band in the midst of the punk scene. I'd like to think it's the same band.

I'll get this one in. What are you having?

Swiss Adam said...

I think the Rockats are the same band as Levi and the Rockats.

A pint please.

Hazard said...

Thankyouu!