Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 14 November 2015

Don't Do It


This record could be dropped at any social occasion and cause dancefloor mayhem. At our staff social last night, upstairs room at a bar in town, the dj played nothing but hip hop, good quality hip hop mainly. I requested Fight The Power and got it. A bunch of teachers dancing to hip hop may be the least funky thing you can imagine but that's the way it is. White Lines, released in 1984, was a lot of people's first exposure to hip hop. It's an impossibly exciting record.

4 comments:

C said...

Oh - I wish I'd had teachers like you!



George said...

Going to post a video of you and your colleagues "dancing" to Fight The Power?

Anonymous said...

No.
Swiss Adam

Walter said...

According to C., I would have some co-workers like you have. I had some teachers that was very liberal and common to my kind of music. And Fight the Power is a very good choice. My request would be You're gonna get yours. But it seemed you had a great evening.