Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 5 March 2016

Aciiieeed


I'm on an acid house tip right now. These two pictures go some way towards proving the maxim that it was a scene where the crowd were the stars. The one above of party goers at The Hacienda, indie kids losing it, is a favourite.

I had navy blue James Come t-shirt back in the day. It was really good quality, kept its shape and colour really well. It also provided opportunities for wags to point out that I had come all over my chest etc.

This picture (below) from the legendary Shoom is a cracker too- shame about the watermark, I couldn't find a version without it. The clothes, bandannas, the look on the faces, the wide eyes...


Shoom was held in a leisure centre in Southwark, a wonky version of what Danny Rampling and others had experienced in Ibiza the previous summer. Danny Rampling has recently uploaded this two hour acid house mix. Not entirely nostalgia either, being a mix of acid house old and new. It will rock your house. It has been rocking mine.

5 comments:

drew said...

I had a navy Come t shirt too along with a cream long sleeve extremely baggy one. Was discussing this with L the other night, sad I know!

Echorich said...

I never made it, on my many trips across the pond in the 80's and 90's to either Cream or Shoom, but I did get to go to FAC 51 The Haçienda when it was transitioning from indie/mac wearing scene to indie/acid house rave scene and I will never forget it! You are so right, it was the crowd that elevated the music to heights not even the greatest DJ's could achieve on their own. The only other club nights that still stick in my mind from trips to the UK are Trip at The Astoria London and Pure Sexy and Glam at Fubar/Milk Bar, London.

Anonymous said...

Tracklist?

Swiss Adam said...

A tracklist appears above the play bar when its played at Mixcloud. I'll have a search around...

Anonymous said...

Must be my blockers are too active. Ah well, it's sweet beautiful shit.