Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Thursday 17 March 2016

Listen Close And Don't Be Stoned


I sat down last night sometime after nine and flicked the telly on. We have a handful of music channels with our freeview package. Most of them play the current top twenty selling downloads, one plays a non-stop diet of The 100 Greatest Power Ballads! or 50 Great Love Songs From Films With Hugh Grant In. The last one plays a random mixture of stuff from the past with the occasional themed hour. Last night's theme hour was called Cassette Culture or something similar. When I turned it Pearl Jam were grunting their way through something horrible and two songs later Chicane were doing rave-pop with surfing in the video. In between- you'd have to ask the programmer why, I can't fathom it- was Alison by Slowdive.





It stopped me right in my tracks. Three minutes forty seven seconds of youthful, dreamlike beauty. Properly pulls at yer heartstrings.

3 comments:

drew said...

Lovely stuff. Though watching the video made me feel extremely old!

The Swede said...

'...Pearl Jam were grunting their way through something horrible...' - brilliant!

Swiss Adam said...

Video up twice now. It got removed by the youtube user. So I replaced it with a secnd version. Now its back and working again. I dunno. Looks untidy having both up but I can't remove either.

21st century bloggers problems.