Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 26 November 2010

The Leaves On The Tree


There's been a small outbreak of Billy Fury in one or two places recently which made me think of this- Nothin' Shakin' (But The Leaves On The Tree). It also has brackets in the song title, so follows on very tenuously from yesterday's Delfonics post. This is Liverpool's Billy Fury in 1964, with a rattling piece of British rock 'n' roll, already made slightly redundant at the time I suspect by another bunch of moptop scousers whose name I have avoided mentioning at Bagging Area so far. And, as has been commented on elsewhere, check that quiff.

Nothin'_Shakin'_(But_The_Leaves_On_The_Tree).mp3#1#1

2 comments:

davyh said...

wooHOO!

And my copy of 'Wondrous Place' has arrived, so I'm very excited.

Wilthomer said...

Everytime I hear "Nothin' Shakin'.." by Billy Fury I'm immediately transplated back to Xmas of 1983 when my sister and I got a VCR from my parents and I went to the local supermarket (open 24/7!) and rented all three VHS volumes of "Ready! Steady! Go!", I'd heard of Billy but this was the first time I'd heard him.