Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 10 September 2010

The Djum Djum Boys


A very nice man who lives down the road from us (who we'll call Chelsea Mick for the sake of this blog) has just knocked on to offer me a spare ticket to go to see Leftfield at The Apollo in November, and in a moment of reckless spontaneity I said yes. It's been a while since I had my bowels moved by bass, they've got a fine back catalogue, and I think are the only band to be banned by a venue for making plaster fall from the ceiling.

I've just realised we've had no Leftfield at Bagging Area. It's been a struggle but I've resisted the urge to go for either Open Up or a Weatherall remix, so here is Afro-Left (Afro-Ride) featuring Djum Djum (Neil Cole to his mum) on vocals (singing in gibberish, but very effectively). Nine minutes of dub-house madness.

Afro-Left (Afro-Ride).mp3

2 comments:

hsd said...

Just had a lovely morning catching up on your fantastic blog .
Particularly like the Indian "I Feel Love".

Swiss Adam said...

Thanks h.