Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 10 September 2010

Talk Of The Town, Talk Of The Country


For those of you who enjoyed Wayne Smith's Under Me Sleng Teng (and judging by the dl stats, that's quite a few of you) here's Tenor Saw's Ring The Alarm- a fantastic digital-reggae, dancehall smash from 1985. I first heard this on 200% Dynamite, from the ever excellent Soul Jazz record label, and it sounded just as good as the stuff from the 60s and 70s. It should put a spring in your step on this Friday morning.


Tenor saw was hit by a car in Houston in 1988 and died, aged 22.


'Ring the alarm, and not a sound is dying'

2 comments:

Artog said...

It blows my mind sometimes the timing of posts - the day before yesterday I was pondering whether or not to by an Eek A Mouse album and I was clicking about between Spotify and Discogs and somewhere in the process stumbled on Ring The Alarm. I've been playing it and Pumpkin Belly to death. Quite an influence on Finley Quaye I'd say.

Swiss Adam said...

I love the weird coincidences this brings up for me, so it's good when it happens to other people. Since remembering about this, and posting it last night, I've played it a dozen times- can't get enough