Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 27 September 2010

I've Been Waiting So Long


A third track from David Holmes' mix on the London Xpress NME/Xfm free cd for you, following the Family Of God and Joy Zipper posts last week. This is Ella Fitzgerald covering hoary old rock band Cream's Sunshine Of Your Love, and it's really, really good, with horns replacing that guitar riff and predictably huge vocals.

I have now broken a Bagging Area unwritten rule of not posting anything by Eric Clapton, even though he doesn't appear on this. And yes Clapton apologists, I know, Yardbirds, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers etc, but it's a personal prejudice formed in the 1980s and I can't do anything about it.

19 Sunshine Of Your Love.wma

1 comment:

Simon said...

This may be a repeat posting, my internet has just gone screwy; that's an excellent compilation, I still listen to it now.